Let’s talk about 10 ways to be more environmentally friendly in the workplace. Rest assured, these eco-friendly tips will be very easy to implement and will ultimately help the environment.
1) Recycle as much paper as possible. Depending on the workplace, there is a reasonable chance that a lot of paperwork is generated throughout the course of the day. Don’t throw this into the trash. Instead, shred it and set it aside for recycling.
2) After lunch break, make sure that any recyclable soda cans or water bottles are placed into the recycling bin. There is no need for these items to end up in a landfill.
3) Carpool to work or use public transportation. This cuts down on CO2 emissions released by automobiles and is environmentally friendly.
4) You may want to think about making suggestions at your workplace to cut down on CO2 emissions generated by whatever it is that is being done where you work. These types of eco-friendly suggestions are usually welcomed by most employers because it will help them save money.
5) During the colder part of the year, if such conditions exist where your workplace is located, consider asking management to keep the thermostat set somewhat lower while everybody wears a sweater or jacket. This will reduce energy consumption.
6) See if there might be a way to utilize solar power or wind power to help generate some of the electricity that is used at the workplace.
7) If your workplace happens to be in a corporate park, see if some of your coworkers will volunteer to help you occasionally go around picking up litter. This helps the environment because the materials collected might be recyclable and small animals are prevented from potentially ingesting dangerous substances.
8) Try to reduce the amount of waste that is generated by being more efficient with the use of materials at your workplace.
9) Ask if it might be possible to purchase environmentally friendly office supplies. Any time your workplace is able to utilize different things that are made from recycled materials you are being eco-friendly.
10) Perhaps the best way to be more environmentally friendly in the workplace is to encourage coworkers to all play a role in trying to help the environment. It’s not enough if just one employee tries to do everything — it really
By following this advice, the workplace can be made to be more eco-friendly so as to help the environment while also possibly helping the company save money.